POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Isosurface troble : Isosurface troble Server Time
5 Aug 2024 18:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Isosurface troble
From: Peter Popov
Date: 5 Aug 2002 11:27:19
Message: <0u5tkuoupvgafcrgfurg3g7a5btgo3sh9q@4ax.com>
I need some help with generating terrain with isosurfaces. Render
times are intolerably slow! I am getting a max_gradient of over 25000,
which is too high IMHO. The function in question is:

#declare F_Relief = function {
  pigment {
    image_map { tga "relief.tga" interpolate 2 }
    rotate 90*x
  }
}

#declare F_Terrain = function { y - F_Relief(x,y,z).gray }

Any idea why the max gradient would be that high? I ended up making a
mesh out of the tga in Rhino instead, but I want to learn to do this
right.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Peter Popov ICQ : 15002700
Personal e-mail : pet### [at] vipbg